Midwest Conference on British Studies
55th Annual Meeting
October 9-11, 2009
Hosted by the University of Pittsburgh
The Midwest Conference on British Studies, the region’s largest association of British-oriented scholars, announces its 55th annual meeting in the City of Champions. Come join over 100 scholars from the fields of British history, literature, and culture for a weekend of current scholarship and congenial discussion at the Holiday Inn, Pittsburgh University Center, located in the Oakland suburb of Pittsburgh.
- Walter L. Arnstein, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois—Champaign
- Troy Boone, Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Department of English, University of Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn, Pittsburgh University Center (Oakland)
100 Lytton Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- To reserve rooms at the conference rate of $121 plus tax per night, please call 412-682-6200 and ask for the MWCBS rate. Or use their website www.holidayinn.com/pit-univctr and group code MCB.
- Please book your room by September 18 to secure the group rate.
- Airport Transportation: As Pittsburgh International Airport is 23 miles from the hotel, the hotel offers a shuttle at $21 each way. Local Reservations: (800) BLUE VAN (800-258-3826); TDD Reservations: (866) 472-4497; Customer Care: (888) 888-6025.
Registration Fee: $80, $60 (graduate students)
- Registration fee includes access to all panels, as well as Friday’s reception (including one drink ticket) and plenary session.
- To register for the conference, download the forms at :
Saturday Luncheon: $22
- The brief annual MWCBS business meeting and second plenary session will coincide with lunch. To secure attendance at the luncheon, please respond by September 18.